Monday, March 2, 2009

Music you need to HEAR

It's been a long time since I listened to every song on an album --maybe since I was a 13 year-old Pop Princess obsessed with Britney, NSYNC and Christina.  Now, I am a one song downloader (yes, I pay on itunes...I'm not ghetto).  Lately, I've added Heartless by Kanye West, Pop Champagne by Jim Jones, Single Ladies by Beyonce and Sooner or Later by N.E.R.D.  I recommend all of them except Pop Champagne; apparently I am the ONLY person listening to that song and enjoying it. 
But, please don't let that one song make you ignore my suggestions.  
There are two CDs right now that I LOVE.  I listen to them all the time and cannot get sick of any single song on these albums. 
First is ADELE's 19.    

She's a strong woman for sure.  Her voice varies from an angel to an Aretha Franklin baby.  Her album, sung in her glorious British accent (she was born in London) is all about her life from 18-19 years old.  However, talk about an 'old soul' .... she is so insightful and bright.  
My favorite song is "Chasing Pavements."  I didn't really know who ADELE was or what the song was about but the unique music video sold me. Check it out: HERE.

If you're looking for something a little more Rock N'Roll/Alternative than sing-songy, listen to The Raconteurs' Consolers of the Lonely.  This is Jack White's band... the guy from White Stripes.  It's uplifting-sounding and the lyrics are great too.

       The Raconteurs' Consolers of the Lonely

So I was wondering how I got so lucky to find two very different CDs that I really love at the same time... then I found out that Adele has collaborated with The Raconteurs on the B-side of their record on an additional recording of "Shades of Black."  Go figure.  
Check 'em out.


No comments: