Sunday, September 13, 2009

NYC Style

Yesterday, along with the sad, gloomy skies, I too was sad and gloomy.  Realizing I had nowhere to habitually go in this big city (since I'm a newbie), I wandered the  streets letting my tears blend in with the drops from the clouds.  It's a very unsettling feeling to pass so many people and know noone and feel alone.  [I know it sounds dramatic but telling lies is much more dramatic.]  
Anyways, after finding more mom-and-pop convenience stores that I know what to do with and passing many swanky Upper East Siders, watching my first movie alone (Julie and Julia is a must), and reading a book I already purchased in the cafe at Barnes&Noble (Starbucks had no seats), I eventually ended up in a place only two blocks away from my house.  
THIS will be MY place: The park along the EAST RIVER.  It's gorgeous and the view changes with every position of the sun and moon.  I just stared and walked for at least an hour in awe of the gigantic beauty that buildings and nature, in harmony, produce.  THIS is why I love NYC, it's never all or nothing, it has something for everyone.  You just have to have the energy to find which part makes you happy.    

(Excuse the phone-quality pics and take in the content.)  




1 comment:

coolmom said...

This looks like it will be great place to run. I am glad you turned your tears into something good and went running here!