Wednesday, April 15, 2009

-blognation-

I am not a big fan of twitter; I just use it to catch up on celeb-produced celeb gossip. 
(Yes, John Mayer, Ashlee Simpson, Demi Moore and more are all on there).  
I think it's absolutely ridiculous how obsessed people become with tweeting, twittering, whatever.  Twitter harbors a world of CONSTANT status updates.  I'm sorry, I don't actually care that you're 'drinking coffee with Bob' or 'walking to the grocery store.'  If you have something you would like to share with me, call me.

Enough of my pompous touting...

Why do I feel the need to cut the twitterers a break?  Because, as I signed onto write in my blog today, I saw this: 

 Yes, "Scheduled OUTRAGE."

Just as videos have been created about all the tweeters out there FREAKING out when twitter overloads and doesn't work for a minute, bloggers have becomes just as obsessed about their blogosphere.  And I am one of them.  
I, of course, clicked 'Learn more' and found this message:

Sadly, we have become a blognation that needs a warning for TEN MINUTES when blogger will not be available.  Ten minutes people.  Take a break.  
I, initially, freaked out thinking that I would not be able to access my blog ALL DAY and then read it was only ten minutes and knew I would survive (I'm sure that's a big deal to some though).

Blogging began in 1994, there were online diaries and public threads before this, and in 1997 it was estimated that over 100 million personal blogs existed.  In 1999, Blogger.com was born and then purchased in 2003 by Google (you know something's good when Google hordes it).      




***Correction: It actually says 'OUTAGE' - clearly i am blogsessed bc I read 'outrage' and thought the system was warning me.  OOPS***

No comments: