Monday, May 4, 2009

Self Promotion

Next up on my list for show-and-tell are ads done for GOURMET COOKBOOK.  
This book is a compilation of 1000+ recipes from last 60 years of Gourmet Magazine.  All of the recipes have been tested to be the best by chefs in Gourmet's test kitchens (pretty extensive research if you ask me).  Recipes range from macaroni n' cheese to a wedding cake.  The book's main competition is The JOY of Cooking - the book that everyone gets for their wedding or with their first home.  But WHY?  WHY are you buying JOY when there is another book with time-tested recipes.  And not just recipes, but TIPS AND TRICKS!  Suddenly, no recipe is impossible.  Gourmet tells you secrets of the kitchen and how to do some kitchen basics.  

This is what I made to sell what I just said:  


Hungry?

1 comment:

Moose said...

Truth or Tall Tale:
During a recent power outage, my mother called me asking why the electric stove didn't work. (Truth)