Sunday, May 3, 2009

Self Promotion

Since I finally got the nerve to post more than my findings and writings, I decided to share a logo I made last year in Computers In COM.  I remembered this ad, which hangs in the hall of my college, when my teacher contacted me this week asking for the rights to use it as an example for future classes.  She also publishes design books so I quickly said YES!  

The assignment was to create a logo for an intramural sports team.  I chose Broomball because I play and because it has such a personality.  It's a rough, on-ice, street sport that involves bruises and adrenaline. 

This is my final product:

And without color:
If I remember correctly, the teacher told me that this wasn't right the week before it was due.  I was in love with it so I didn't make changes (risking my grade but protecting my integrity).  
I got a great grade for staying true to myself.  

No comments: