Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Speaking of Food....

Anyone who knows me knows that I'm a cooking fanatic.  It's my passion.  I love the chemistry behind mixing flavors, the limitlessness and the way one meal can change your whole perspective or generate new ideas and sensations.  To me, finding the right recipe is great.  But, I hardly ever follow it.  Recipes to anyone who has the basics down are mere sources of inspiration.  (At least that's how I see it.)  That's why I adore TasteSpotting.  My roommate, Marisa, used to think I was a bit of a freak because I was always looking at "little squares."  These squares, though, are windows into blogs, culinary sites and more about food!  It's an aesthetically pleasing arrangement of millions of morsels of chef inspiration.  I can't get enough of it.  When I get home, multiple times a day, I check my mail, facebook and then tastespotting.  It's fascinating to see something so simple as chicken being made in 100 different ways, and that's only on the first 20 pages of the site.  You try to look through it and not get inspired to try something new or come across and old favorite that you'll be eager to revisit.  Be good to your taste-buds. 

        
Also, be sure to try this recipe I found through Tastespotting:


With the internet providing so much culinary genius, there is little need for The Joy of Cooking (other than to sit on your kitchen counter so you look just as American as everyone else).  

1 comment:

Judi Holst said...

Hey, you're right...that is a cool site. Thanks for sharing it.