Monday, February 23, 2009

InspiratioNation


I'm an advertising major at Boston University, but I am naturally a more creative person than rational.  I love feeling inspired.  People are brilliant, interesting and intelligent beings and we can always learn something from the people around us.  That's why i was THRILLED when I found this site : www.thecoolhunter.com.au. 
For some it's Perez, others it's DailyCandy.  For me, it's all about this site.  It's almost like it was made for me.  I studied abroad last spring in Sydney, Australia and love EVERYTHING aussie (from except those meat pies...something about mystery fillings reminds me of dreaded hot dogs, ugh).  

It also features ADs, food/dining, travel and ten plus more categories.  The colors are BRIGHT, like everything in Sydney style.  They definitely have an eye for things that are "cool."  The Ads are my favorite:

  This is an interactive poster campaign for Sharpie allowing the consumer to write on the blank cast.  Everyone gets a kick out of that.  To an adult, signing a cast brings the same thrill that getting to sit closest to the birthday boy/girl during gifts does to a child.  Admit it.  It's brilliant.


This ad was for Adidas and was placed in Munich. I found this one a long time ago and still love it.  I would LOVE to come up with a billboard ad worth responding to.  This is beyond "out of the box."  Could you imagine the feeling of awe you would experience actually driving under this and not just looking at it?  


Red Cross has, dare I say, "cool" advertising?  Who would have thought?  If a medical-centered business can have entertaining and effective advertising anyone can.  No excuses people!  I love this ad because it creates a real situation and makes it instantly relevant to the person seeing it.  I don't know about you, but I would be glad Red Cross existed at this point.  Thank Bob someone is ready if this happens to occur!  

Advertising is AMAZING.  Some people hate it, but that's what I like to call ignorance induced fear. Advertising is an art.  We, in the business, are modern anthropologists proving our theories about people with effective ads.  Ads that work clearly hit the hearts of consumers and make a connection between them and the brand.  How we get to that point is a science as much as it is an art.  Our lab reports are just a whole lot more expensive and so much prettier.  How do we do it? Like I would tell you... it's hard enough to get a job right now. I'm not giving away any of the secrets. 
  

No comments: