Monday, February 23, 2009

First of Many


I wouldn't classify myself as a tree hugger but I do love the outdoors.  There's a reason why trees came before skyscrapers... they're better and much more beautiful.  
However, when I read about the "tree-huggers" in Berkeley California (immediately intrigued because of my inner-hippie) I had to find out more.  I was reading an article about naked-protests that popped up in my AOL news window (yes, your grandmother and I are STILL using AOL) when I saw an image of hundreds of young adults naked in some sort of nature scene.  I normally take the small news image at face value but this one was inspiring. 
I clicked and discovered an amazing artist of sorts.  
Photographer Jack Gescheidt captures natural beauty by snapping images of trees and incorporating naked humans among them.  He started his Tree Spirit Project after being inspired by his Grandma.  The news feed I noticed was about the photos he took as part of a protest in Berkeley that students staged to save an Oak Grove from being turned into a gym last year.  However, he doesn't just shoot protests, he has an entire collection featured online at www.treespiritproject.com and in many galleries. 

Curious yet?  Here's some of my favorites:



        

No comments: