Friday, February 27, 2009

my thoughts on ads today

When I think of my dream job, I always pray to work for an agency that has fun, interesting worth-while clients.  I've worked the gamut as an intern... I've had clients ranging from corporate real estate companies to Coca Cola.  A.k.a drab to fab

Then, I ran into this ad: 

The commercial, for a BUS company, could have been a horrible boring ad that felt like a PSA. However, it's funny. It's simple, yet smart. Who wouldn't want to ride a bus with a child-like spirit like this?
So, if I end up looking into a dusty corner in a cubicle for the rest of my life, drawing mockups for banks, corporations producing paperclips or garbage truck associations, I can look at this ad and remember that there is always room for art in advertising.  
So, if you see an ad that's trash, ignore it, don't give them your business. If they can't take the extra step to entertain you, then you shouldn't take the time to finance their sorry asses.  

On a completely different note, I found this:


This is extremely interesting. First of all, did they get some client to pay for this? Secondly, this sounds like a bit of a 'fortune-teller' claim. Where is this information from? My guess is that it is a viral campaign formed to get people to watch it and have them thinking the way they want them to so that their 2009 ads will be successful. INTERESTING.
If it's not a conspiracy, well then... all you advertisers, take note. Consumers, enjoy this preview of what to expect in your 2009 life. 

A good ad creates a 'smile in the mind.' The whale and penguins made me smile. But, this ENTIRE campaign keeps me smiling:

Introducing the SMARTEST bra campaign out there: WONDERBRA. 

This ad uses guerilla tactics to show that while wearing a Wonderbra, one would have to stand even further away from the approaching train.  




 
And to close, I like this quote: The perfection of an idea is like the lid clicking shut on a perfectly made box.

No comments: