Monday, June 29, 2009

BEST DAY EVER: AUGUST 14th


Awhile back, I blogged about books that would provide a great escape from a recession.  Though I've finished many more works since then, my favorite is still THE TIME TRAVELER'S WIFE.  Here is how I summarized it before:  This international bestseller is praised for all the right reasons.  It is the most exciting, tamely passionate, heart-wrenching, thought-provoking love story I have ever read. The title is a testament to the plot.  This is not a gushy love story but one that makes it hard to deny the existence of love's power and grace.  The book is one that appeals to all ages, from teen to retirement.  I have never flown through pages as fast as I did with this one.  If I was going to choose one book to be a reading snob about and insist on just ONE, this would be IT.   

Now, it is coming to LIFE on August 14th staring Rachel McAdams and Eric Bana.  Look here for more info.   I can hardly wait to tingle and cry.  But please, don't let this be a classic replaced by a Hollywood film - read the book before then!  

    

No comments: